Annual Monitoring Report 2020
The Council has to produce a Monitoring Report showing the extent to which policies in the adopted Thanet Local Plan 2020 are being achieved, and the implementation of the Local Development Scheme.
The latest Annual Monitoring Report 2020 can be found here , along with a summary of some of the key indicators. The AMR covers the period 1st April 2019 and 31st March 2020 and monitors the extent to which policies in the following Local Development Documents are being achieved:
Previous Annual Monitoring Reports:
- Annual Monitoring Report 2019
- Annual Monitoring Report 2018
- Annual Monitoring Report 2017
- Annual Monitoring Report 2016
- Annual Monitoring Report 2015
- Annual Monitoring Report 2014
- Annual Monitoring Report 2013
- Annual Monitoring Report 2012
- Annual Monitoring Report 2011
- Annual Monitoring Report 2010
- Annual Monitoring Report 2009
Housing and commercial information audit
Housing Delivery Test
- Housing Delivery Test Measurement Rule Book
- Housing Delivery Test Technical Note
- National Planning Policy Guidance – Action Plans
Housing Delivery Test 2019
Following the adoption of the Local Plan on 9 July 2020, the Council requested the Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government (MHCLG) to recalculate the Housing Delivery Test (HDT) 2019 position for Thanet, in line with National Planning Policy Guidance.
MHCLG have issued an updated position , which shows that, in considering new housing development proposals, the Council is no longer subject to a “presumption in favour of sustainable development” for new housing development.
It does require a “20% buffer” to be provided in the housing land supply as housing delivery has fallen below 85% – this is already addressed in the adopted Local Plan.
This means that while housing proposals allocated in the adopted Local Plan will continue to be required, proposals for housing development on unallocated sites will no longer be subject to a presumption that they should be supported.
The Council is committed to housing delivery as set out in the Action Plan 2019, and will continue to monitor and review that to ensure that it can provide a suitable supply of land to meet housing needs.
The Council’s Recovery Plan sets out the Council’s commitment to “working with developers and builders to recover/accelerate housing delivery”.