Payments for those on a low income who have to self-isolate

        You may be eligible for a £500 support payment if you:

        • are employed or self-employed
        • have been told to stay at home and self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace, or via the NHS COVID-19 App, either because you have tested positive for coronavirus or you have recently been in close contact with someone who has
        • have been told to self-isolate on or after 28 September 2020 (NHS Test and Trace) or 10 December 2020 (NHS COVID-19 App)
        • are on a low income, can’t work from home and will lose income as a result of isolating; and
        • are currently receiving Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit.

        If the above criteria apply to you but you are not getting one of the of listed benefits, you can still apply for a discretionary support payment if you:

        • have no recourse to public funds (subject to immigration control and have no entitlement to welfare benefits)
        • have submitted a claim for one of the listed benefits; or
        • are a single person with an income of less than £480 a week and savings of below £6,000
        • are a couple, single parent or family with an income of less than £720 per week and savings below £6,000

        The scheme will run until at least 31 March 2021.

        How to claim

        You must have responded to NHS Test and Trace directly or via the NHS COVID-19 App and have been given a Test and Trace Account ID.

        If you can’t make a claim online, please call us on 01843 577552.

        You’ll need to provide proof to support your claim, please provide:

        • a notification from NHS Test and Trace showing that you’ve been told to self-isolate
        • proof that you’re getting one of the qualifying benefits (if applicable)
        • your latest personal bank statement showing your name, sort code and account number
        • proof of current employment, for example your most recent wage slip; or, if you are self-employed, evidence of self-assessment returns, trading income and proof that your business delivers services which cannot be undertaken without social contact.

        If you are applying for a discretionary support payment, you will also be asked to complete an income and expenditure form.

        We aim to let you know within five working days if your application is successful. However, due to the number of applications we’re receiving, responses may take longer.

        Data Sharing

        We rely on your consent to access your records contained in the NHS Test and Trace Data System (CTAS) for the purposes of confirming your eligibility for this scheme of payment. You can find more information on this via the NHS Test and Trace privacy notice

        Your data will not be shared with other entities outside of the council for any purpose and you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us on 01843 577552. Please be aware that if you do withdraw your consent, you will no longer be entitled to the payments under this scheme. For information about how we will process the information gathered on the form, please see our privacy notice

        Discretionary support payments

        Please see our discretionary scheme guidance  which explains when a discretionary support payment may be made.

        Did you find this page useful?