While you’re no longer legally required to self-isolate if you have COVID-19, you should try to stay at home and away from others to avoid passing on the virus.
Full guidance is available on the NHS website.
Only those classified as clinically vulnerable are now able to obtain free COVID-19 lateral flow tests through the NHS website. All other members of the public will have to purchase testing kits.
Free lateral flow tests for residents on lower incomes
We have provided COVID-19 lateral flow testing kits to local food banks, for the use of Thanet residents who are on a low income or claiming a means tested benefit such as Universal Credit. If eligible, you can now pick up a free COVID-19 lateral flow test from the following locations:
- The Salvation Army – Union Crescent, Margate CT9 1NS
- The Salvation Army – 167a High Street, Ramsgate CT11 9TT
- Global Generation – Unit 2 Westwood Industrial Estate, Strasbourg Street, Margate CT9 4JJ
- Cliftonville Community Centre – Cliftonville Hall, Cliftonville, Margate CT9 2DB
- The GAP Project – Queens Road Baptist Church, Queens Road, Broadstairs CT10 1NU
- Newington Big Local – Newington Community Centre, Princess Margaret Avenue, Ramsgate CT12 6HX
- Margate Independent Food Bank – 6 Duke St, Margate CT9 1EP
- Thanet Food Link – St Paul’s Church, Northdown Rd, Cliftonville CT9 2RD
- Westgate Town Council – 78 St Mildreds Road, Westgate-on-Sea CT8 8RF
- Our Kitchen – 51 High Street, Margate CT9 1DX
- Our Kitchen – St George’s Church Hall, Broad Street, Ramsgate CT11 8RA
IMPORTANT – Lateral flow tests that are provided by Thanet District Council are for the purposes of determining whether you test positive or negative for the COVID-19 virus and cannot be uploaded to the NHS Test and Trace system.