To mark the upcoming opening of the reimagined Dreamland Margate amusement park, as well as celebrate the council’s phase two restoration work to the iconic Sunshine café, a special competition will run from Tuesday 18 April – Monday 1 May for the public to share their memories of Dreamland.
Using our social media platforms, Facebook (@ThanetDistrictCouncil) and Twitter (@ThanetCouncil), we’re encouraging anyone with photos of their days out at Dreamland to share them with us. We’ll be adding them to our social media channels in a dedicated album, helping to relive some of the history of our iconic seaside resort.
All photos entered into the competition will be judged by local blogger and photographer, Meg of Margate, who will choose a favourite. The winner will receive a wristband for a family of four to Dreamland Margate when the park reopens on 26 May 2017 - to be used before 3rd September 2017. (Full terms and conditions apply – see below).
Photos can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and will also be entered into the competition.
Terms and Conditions
- Judging of the competition will be undertaken by blogger and photographer, Meg of Margate. The judge’s decision is final.
- The prize is one wristband for up to a family of four, to be used before 3rd September 2017. Valid for any date on which Dreamland Margate is open. Prize winners must provide their full name address and contact details (not for marketing purposes). No cash alternative. Winners will be contacted by a member of the Dreamland Team who will book their selected date for entry. Prices do not include travel to and from Dreamland. Check the website for opening dates and times prior to travel. Dreamland terms and conditions apply.
- By submitting photos to the competition, entrants accept their photos will be on display across social media and therefore publicly. The council/Dreamland Margate holds no responsibility for any of these photos being used elsewhere (with/without the user’s permission) once entered into the competition.
- Staff members at Thanet District Council and Dreamland Margate are exempt from winning the prize. Photos are still accepted from these groups, but will not be considered as part of the judging.
- For more information, contact email@example.com