Get housing advice

Do you need help and advice about a housing problem, or are you in debt? 

If you have any of these problems, we can help.

  • Struggling to pay your rent
  • Struggling to pay your mortgage
  • Your main earner has lost their job, or had their hours reduced
  • You are in debt
  • You are struggling after recent benefit changes
  • Your family is overcrowded
  • Your landlord has served notice on you to leave your home
  • You have had notice to leave the family home
  • Other housing problem

The Housing Options Team offers a free and confidential advice service. What do I do next?

Your first step - contact us!

You can discuss your situation with our Housing Options Team.  We will do all that we can to help you. 

Support for service personnel and veterans

Contact the council's Housing Options Team to establish your local connection, and get local help and advice.

The Service Personnel & Veterans Agency offer support and advice on a range of things, including homelessness advice.  Find out more on the veterans UK web site

Shelter, the housing and homeless charity also offers advice on their web site.

Homelessness and LGBTQ

Those of us who identify as LGBTQ may experience extra difficulties in finding somewhere to live, especially if you are a young person.  Contact the Housing Options Team for advice, or use the online form above if its outside office hours.

Help and advice is also available from other organisations and charities: 

Brook  Sexual health services and advice for young people under 25.

Stonewall Advice and support

Mermaids Transgender support

Aven  The Asexual Visibility and Education Network (AVEN) for asexual people.

Shelter Homelessness Charity in Kent