Thanet District Council has published its Local Plan submission, which was submitted to the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government on 30 October 2018.
The Local Plan documents can be found on the Thanet District Council website and can also be viewed at the Gateway Plus building in Cecil St. E-mails have also been issued to all of those who submitted a representation.
In addition, paper copies of the draft Local Plan as submitted, the Sustainability Appraisal and Habitats Regulation Assessment and Statement of Consultation can be viewed throughout the examination process in the following locations:
- Pierremont Hall, Pierremont Park, Broadstairs CT10 1JX
- The Custom House, Harbour Parade, Ramsgate CT11 8LP
- Birchington Library – Alpha Road, Birchington, Kent, CT7 9EG
- Broadstairs Library – The Broadway, Broadstairs, kent CT10 2BS
- Cliftonville Library – Queen Elizabeth Avenue, Margate, Kent, CT9 3JX
- Minster library – 4A Monkton Road, Minster, Ramsgate, Kent, CT12 4EA
- Newington Library – Marlowe Academy, Marlowe Way, Ramsgate, Kent CT12 6NB
- Ramsgate Library – Guildford Lawn, Ramsgate, Kent, CT11 9AY
- Westgate library – Minster Road, Westgate-on-Sea CT8 8BP
The documents within the submission included the draft Local Plan, the Sustainability Appraisal and Habitats Regulation Assessment and Statement of Consultation, together with the representations received at Publication stage and the supporting evidence.
The draft Local Plan will be examined by independent Inspectors, who have been appointed by the Planning Inspectorate – Victoria Lucas LLB MCD MRTPI and Matthew Birkinshaw BA(Hons) Msc MRTPI.
The Council has also appointed a Programme Officer for this Examination – Ms Annette Feeney, who can be contacted during normal office hours c/o Thanet District Council, PO Box 9, Cecil Street, Margate, Kent, CT9 1XZ, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone on: 07775 771026.
Part of the process will involve sessions where those invited to attend will have the opportunity to respond to matters raised by the Inspector. Invitation to participate is coordinated through the Planning Inspector and the Programme Officer, both of whom are independent from Thanet District Council.