We are committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services.
As a ‘Data Controller’ we must make sure that we respect your rights and follow the law. If you have any concerns or questions about how we look after your personal information please email email@example.com .
The notice tells you the following:
- What is personal information?
- Why do we use personal information?
- The law
- Your rights
- Sharing personal information
- Protecting your information
- How long we keep personal information
Service specific privacy notices
In addition to our main corporate privacy notice we also have a number of service specific privacy notices which give further details of why and how we will use your personal information in providing different services:
You have the right to object
To object about how your personal information is being used by the Council please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide as much information as possible so that we can conduct an investigation.
To make our website useable, we use small text files called cookies on your computer/tablet/phone called cookies. Most websites do this and they aren’t used to identify you personally. You can manage and/or delete these files as you wish.
They improve things by:
- remembering the things you’ve chosen and data you have entered so you don’t have to keep re-entering details whenever you move to a new page
- measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs
By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
We don’t use ‘privacy intrusive’ cookies on this website – these collect information about what other websites you visit. View our Cookies Policy here.
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how people use this site including:
- what pages you visit and how long you are here
- what type of device you are using
- how you got here
- what words you use when using our search
- the number of searches that showed no results
This helps us to make sure we are meeting your needs and understand how we can make the website work better. Google Analytics does not collect or store any personal information.
We use videos from YouTube and feeds from other websites such as Facebook and Twitter. These websites place cookies on your device when watching or viewing these pages.
Below are links to their cookie policies:
To learn more about cookies visit About Cookies.org.
Further information and advice
For further information or enquiries please email email@example.com
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.