Page links found under council tenants

        Apply for a transfer to a new home

        Thanet District Council maintains the Housing Needs Register, which is the ‘waiting list’ for people who apply for council housing in the district. Council homes are advertised via Kent Home Choice  and to use this service you need to have filled in an application form and have been accepted on to the Housing Needs Register. Visit the housing […]

        What if I can’t pay my rent?

        What to do if you fall behind with rent If you fall behind with paying your rent we will try to contact you to find out if you are having money troubles. If we can’t get in touch by text, phone or post we may arrange a visit to your property. How YOU can contact […]

        Contact information

        For Repairs For household or communal repairs; call Mears on 0800 023 4320 email: thanet.repairs@mearsgroup.co.uk text: “thanetrepairs” then your message to 63277 For gas, hot water or central heating repairs; call FREEPHONE 0800 012 9958 or email Gas Call Services at TDCcustomerservices@gascall.co.uk If you smell gas please call the National Gas Emergency number on FREEPHONE […]

        Get involved

        Have your say and join our team of involved residents

        Pay your rent or apply for a refund

        Ways to pay your rent  Pay your rent online Make a payment * You will need your 10-digit rent account number ready. Use your online bank account If you have an online bank account, you can make a one off, or set up a regular payment direct from your bank account using the bank details […]

        End your tenancy

        Ending a tenancy in Thanet The amount of notice you need to give us to end your tenancy depends on your circumstances and the type of property you are moving into. We have listed the main reasons for ending a tenancy below: Moving into private accommodation If you are moving to private accommodation, moving in […]

        Report a repair

        For general household or communal repairs contact Mears Text “thanetrepairs” then your message, to 63277 Email Mears: thanet.repairs@mearsgroup.co.uk Call FREEPHONE 0800 0234 320   For gas, hot water or central heating repairs contact Gas Call Services Call FREEPHONE 0800 012 9958 Email TDCcustomerservices@gascall.co.uk If you smell gas please call the National Gas Emergency number on […]

        Your tenancy agreement

        As a tenant, we will expect you to do a number of things, including: pay your rent on time not owe us any rent (called ‘rent arrears’) tell the council’s benefit section if your entitlement to housing or council tax benefit has ended respect your neighbours and allow them to enjoy their homes in peace […]

        Moving out check list

        Getting ready to move out of your property Getting your home up to standard You need to clear all your belongings from the property, including any items in the loft, gardens or outbuildings. If you have a garage, this must also be cleared. We cannot be held responsible for any belongings left in the property. […]

        Did you find this page useful?