Address: Joss Bay, Joss Gap, Broadstairs CT10 3PG
- No direct bus route, nearest route is the Route 38 from Birchington to Kingsgate and is a 20 minute walk to nearest bus stop at Kingsgate
- Broadstairs is the nearest railway station and is a 5 minute walk from bus stop
There are 2 locations that can be hired at Joss bay; the beach and the grassed area next to the car park.
Site area – Beach Site Area: 16,411.3m², Car park site Area: 8,987m²
Size of Events
Type of Events
- Active Recreational Sessions
- No Fun Fairs
- Electricity: None
- Water: Yes
- Parking: Pay & Display Car Park
- Toilets are located down the slope towards the beach; toilets are closed for the Winter, Summer Opening times 8:00am-6:55pm
- There is a slope that leads down to the sandy area of the beach.
Wheels and Finns Festival
- Joss Bay Cafe
- Joss Bay surf School
- Kids Corner
In wet season, an event organiser may be given 2 weeks’ notice from TDC that they will not be able to use the site. Event organisers need to have a contingency plan for relocating their event in the circumstance of adverse conditions. Public Car Park gets very crowded in peak season and good weather conditions so parking can be limited. This is a tidal beach so the site footprint changes and High and Low Tide times needs to be factored in.