By 2022 we want to see more residents across Thanet enjoying the benefits associated with a more active and healthier lifestyle. We are committed to work with our local, regional and national partners to achieve these goals. Over the next 4 year ‘cycle of change’ we will work towards the following 5 priorities:
Increased diversionary opportunities
- for young people and hard to reach groups through ‘Active participation, training and education.
Increase opportunities to develop Public Health initiatives
- for all ages and target audiences to empower and support communities and reduce health inequalities.
Enhance & implement the ‘Active Communities scheme’
- to provide support to local community clubs, groups, employers and voluntary sector.
Increased fundraising & commissioning opportunities
- working alongside partners to bring grants to tackle inactivity and wider health inequalities through a collaborative approach.
Increasing workforce development & volunteering opportunities
- to support frontline services become more effective.