Organise a Street Party
Celebrate the King’s Coronation and bring the community together
Later this year, the nation will enjoy a bank holiday to celebrate the King’s Coronation. The coronation will take place on the 6th May 2023 with an additional bank holiday on Monday 8th May 2023. Events in London will be complemented by events in communities across the UK and Commonwealth, allowing people to join together to celebrate His Majesty King Charles III.
If you would like to apply to hold a street party as part of, the King’s Coronation we require the following information:
If you are planning a street party it needs to follow these criteria:
|Street parties||Other public events|
|Only for residents/neighbours||Anyone can attend|
|Publicity only for residents||External publicity (such as online or posters)|
|In a quiet residential road, block of flats or local green space||In buildings, parks etc|
|Normally no insurance||Insurance needed|
|No formal risk assessment needed||Risk assessment common|
|No licences normally necessary unless the sale of alcohol is involved||Licence usually needed|
If you want to organise a street party we require the application to be submitted by 24 March 2023. We advise that you contact the events department prior to submitting an application to ensure you have all the information you need to proceed.
We will require you to submit the following:
- Event notification Form (no application fee)
- Risk Assessment
- Proof of KCC road closure – Please Note: You can only apply for the closure of a residential road (not a main road/bus route or through road). Applications must be completed and sent to KCC before the 3rd March 2022.
- We do advise that you obtain Public Liability insurance (minimum £5,000,000)
- The following activities will require you to obtain a TENS license;
- Sale of alcohol
- Serving hot food between 11pm and 10am
- Providing regulated entertainment such as live music