The following information has been collected as a general guideline and overview of information relating to heritage and conservation.
If you have further queries or additions to this list please contact Thanet District Councils Senior Conservation Officer through the following email address- email@example.com.
- A list of Conservation Areas in Thanet and their Conservation Area Appraisals if they have one
- Useful guidance notes from Historic England
- Traditional Windows guidance notes (historicengland.org.uk)
- Ramsgate Heritage Action Zone (historicengland.org.uk)
- Thanet Shop Front Guidance – pending formal adoption
- Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings (spab.org.uk)
- Ramsgate Town Centre Study
The Historic Environment Record (formerly known as the Sites and Monuments Record), is an extensive collection of information relating to Kent’s heritage. This computerised database has information on over 42,000 archaeological sites, historic buildings and landscapes. And also has over 5,000 archaeological reports as well as aerial photographs and historic maps. (kent.gov.uk)