Thanet District Council’s waste and recycling service was affected by the severe weather conditions last week. While crews were able to access some main, gritted roads, in the snow and icy conditions the side roads were largely inaccessible to our 26 tonne vehicles.Although waste collection crews were out attempting collection every week day, this has resulted in delays to some collections, which we are working hard to make up.
Residents are advised that additional crews are out, from Monday 5 March through to Friday 9 March, to collect general waste (black bin/seagull bag) that the weather prevented them getting to.
The revised schedule for waste (black bin/seagull bag) collections is as follows:
- Tuesday 27 February > Monday 5 March or Tuesday 6 March
- Wednesday 28 February > Tuesday 6 March or Wednesday 7 March
- Thursday 1 March > Wednesday 7 March or Thursday 8 March
- Friday 2 March > Thursday 8 March or Friday 9 March
- Monday 5 March > No change in collections
- Tuesday 6 March > No change in collections
- Wednesday 7 March > No change in collections
- Thursday 8 March > No change in collections
- Friday 9 March > No change in collections