Waste collections following severe disruption
Thanet District Council’s waste and recycling service was affected by the severe weather conditions last week. While crews were able to access some main, gritted roads, in the snow and icy conditions the side roads were largely inaccessible to our 26 tonne vehicles.Although waste collection crews were out attempting collection every week day, this has resulted in delays to some collections, which we are working hard to make up.
Residents are advised that additional crews are out, from Monday 5 March through to Friday 9 March, to collect general waste (black bin/seagull bag) that the weather prevented them getting to.
The revised schedule for waste (black bin/seagull bag) collections is as follows:
- Tuesday 27 February > Monday 5 March or Tuesday 6 March
- Wednesday 28 February > Tuesday 6 March or Wednesday 7 March
- Thursday 1 March > Wednesday 7 March or Thursday 8 March
- Friday 2 March > Thursday 8 March or Friday 9 March
- Monday 5 March > No change in collections
- Tuesday 6 March > No change in collections
- Wednesday 7 March > No change in collections
- Thursday 8 March > No change in collections
- Friday 9 March > No change in collections
A team of Thanet District Council officers has been recognised as winners in the ‘Excellence in Private Sector Housing’ category of the Kent Housing Group Awards 2023. The awards – the Oscars for our regional housing sector – celebrate the very best projects, professionals and partnerships across housing in Kent and Medway.
Thanet District Council achieved successful prosecutions against six defendants at Margate, Sevenoaks and Hastings Magistrates Courts in September 2023.
A legal challenge against the development consent order (DCO) for Manston airport has been denied.