Join the conversation about the future of Ramsgate
Thanet District Council is inviting everyone who lives, works and visits Ramsgate to join the conversation about the future of the town and what can be done to ensure it’s a vibrant place with a thriving retail, business and leisure offer.
This community engagement is one part of the ‘Ramsgate Future’ initiative which is building on schemes such as the Future High Street fund, the Heritage Action Zone and existing feedback on the Port and Harbour in order to create a cohesive vision to help transform the town and inform future funding bids.
We want you to reimagine the future of the town and seek opportunities to:
- Create new and better employment;
- Enable local people to develop new skills for the economy of the future;
- Support local businesses to prosper grow;
- Improve the variety of shops and businesses;
- Improve connections and make it easier to get around;
- Celebrate and invest in our seafront, history and heritage;
- Work through partnerships and collaborations with community stakeholders;
- Understand the opportunities of growing green skills and sustainable supply chains.
Cllr Rick Everitt, Thanet District Council’s Cabinet Member for Ramsgate’s Regeneration said:
“We want to make sure we understand the needs and ambitions of the local community for their town. We are encouraging all residents, businesses and visitors to participate in a survey and help guide the future character and offer of Ramsgate. The feedback and insight received will also inform our Levelling Up Funding Bid in June, which is an important opportunity with up to £20m potentially available for investment in the town.
“We want Ramsgate to be a destination of choice for the local community it serves and ensure it retains its own unique identity while supporting social and economic regeneration for the benefit of everyone. The COVID-19 pandemic has meant adapting to new ways of living, working and shopping so it’s vital that we get your input on the future of the town.”
There is a separate survey for residents, businesses and third sector organisations and they take approximately 15 minutes to complete and will close on Tuesday 8 June 2021.
- Resident Questionnaire – If you live, work in or visit Ramsgate please complete this survey.
- Business Questionnaire – We’re keen to understand the perspective of people who own businesses in Ramsgate so if you are a local business owner please complete this survey.
- Third Sector Questionnaire – Third sector organisations who work in Ramsgate, should complete this survey.
The council will also be holding virtual and COVID-secure face to face events exploring the community vision for the town. If you would like to be involved and kept up to date about the Ramsgate Future Investment Plan, please join our mailing list.
A new art gallery opening on Ramsgate’s Harbour Street has had its recently rediscovered original lead glass shopfront freshly restored, thanks to funding from Historic England.
Thanet District Council’s Foy House development has been selected as a finalist in the ‘Best Social Housing Initiative’ of the MJ Achievement Awards 2023, announced today (Thursday 30 March). The industry-leading awards recognise outstanding achievements by local authorities.
Thanet District Council has been awarded £4.3million following a successful bid for funding from the government’s Social Housing Decarbonisation Fund (SHDF).