A stone staircase links the cliff top to the harbour. This replaced the timber staircase which was named after Jacob Steed, the carpenter who built it in 1754.
Pay & Display parking on Harbour Cross wall. This area can also be suspended if required – parking rates on request
There are two amenity blocks on the Harbour Cross wall.
There are many new cafés, bars and restaurants within the arches along Military Road. The harbour area has a large number of restaurants and hotels within walking distance of the harbour.