Making your experience of filming in Thanet a good one
We hope that within these pages you will find your ideal location and information on how we can help.
Thanet has so much to offer in a variety of locations. The area is surrounded on three sides by 19 miles of coastline. All of our beaches are made up of soft sand, but they vary from Botany Bay to Viking Bay.
To give you an idea of what the area looks like, we commissioned a film to show you what locations you can see in the area starting at Ramsgate’s Royal Harbour and following the coast round to Minnis Bay.
Thanet as a location
Thanet has a diverse range of locations, three main coastal towns that are different to its neighbours. A variety of smaller towns and villages. 19 miles of sandy beaches, some of which are considered to be the best in the south-east.
- London to Thanet – 1 Hour 17 minutes via HS1 high speed train. Road access via M2/A2.
- Ramsgate Royal Harbour – the only Royal Harbour in the UK.
- Port of Ramsgate – council-owned commercial Port
- Dreamland amusement park – reopened in 2015
- Theatre Royal, Margate – Grade II* listed building, and the second oldest theatre in the country.
We welcome any feedback about your experience of filming in Thanet – please use this form to let us know all about your experience.