The building is constructed of flint with a street level foyer. The foyer gives access to the 23-seat balcony. Seating in the stalls is accessed via a staircase, below ground level and houses 88 seats. The cinema also has a classic cinema organ.
York Gate Hall was built in 1911 and was originally used as a museum of armour, then later as a puppet theatre. In 1965 the building was converted to a cinema. It has been refurbished in 1988 and 1997.
There are two large car parks close by at Albion Street (81 spaces) and Harbour parking (69 spaces). In addition to the two main car parks there is a small car park at Chandos Square (31 spaces). Parking rates on request.
The Palace Cinema has its own facilities.
There are a number of cafés, bars and restaurants in the vicinity.
Telephone 01843 865726 or email firstname.lastname@example.org