Thanet is considered to be a film-friendly area. Production crews often work with local businesses when filming in the area. We can put you in touch with a wide range of businesses including cafes, restaurants and beach concessions; a variety of accommodation from boutique hotels to B & B’s; as well as local studio facilities and providers of technical services. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Guidance on flying drones and unmanned aircraft fitted with cameras can be found on the Kent Film Office website. We request copies of your CAA licence and insurances to cover filming with drones in the Thanet District Council area.
In addition we will ask for a stewarding plan for the area covered by the drone filming.
Details of local hotels can be found on Visit Thanet, our tourism website. The following hotels have worked with film crews:
- Albion House Hotel – Albion Place, Ramsgate
- Pegwell Bay Hotel – Pegwell Road, Ramsgate
- Royal Harbour Hotel – Nelson Crescent, Ramsgate
- Walpole Bay Hotel – Fifth Avenue, Margate
- The Botany Bay Hotel – Botany Bay – Marine Drive, Kingsgate, Broadstairs
- Bay Tree Hotel – 12 Eastern Esplanade, Broadstairs
- The Yarrow – Ramsgate Road, Broadstairs
There are a number of ‘budget’ style hotels locally including the Travelodge Hotels at Westwood Cross and Ramsgate Harbour; Premier Inns at Margate and Minster, Ramsgate; and Holiday Inn Express, Minster, Ramsgate.
To find out about accommodation, visit our Tourism website which also has details about events that happen locally.
Office space to rent:
- Marlowe Innovation Centre – Ramsgate
- Kent Innovation Centre – Broadstairs
- St Augustine’s Business Centre – Westgate-on-Sea
Local commercial estate agents:
- Pearson Gore – 44/46 Queen Street, Ramsgate – 01843 851000
- Clarke & Crittenden – 105 Station Road, Birchington – 01843 841123
For information about tide times, events at our marina or information about Ramsgate Royal Harbour visit our Ramsgate Marina website.