Thanet is considered to be a film-friendly area. A number of production crews have worked with local businesses when they were using the area as a location. We have contacts for a wide range of businesses from the kiddie rides on the beaches; to a variety of accommodation from boutique hotels to B & B’s; and local studio facilities. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Guidance on flying drones and unmanned aircraft fitted with cameras can be found on the Civil Aviation Authority website. We request copies of your CAA licence and insurances to cover filming with drones in the Thanet District Council area.
In addition we will ask for a stewarding plan for the area covered by the drone filming.
Details of local hotels can be found on Visit Thanet, our tourism website. The following hotels have worked with film crews:
- Albion House Hotel – Albion Place, Ramsgate
- Pegwell Bay Hotel – Pegwell Road, Ramsgate
- Royal Harbour Hotel – Nelson Crescent, Ramsgate
- Walpole Bay Hotel – Fifth Avenue, Margate
- Sands Hotel Margate – 16 Marine Drive, Margate
- The Botany Bay Hotel – Botany Bay – Marine Drive, Kingsgate, Broadstairs
- Bay Tree Hotel – 12 Eastern Esplanade, Broadstairs
- The Yarrow – Ramsgate Road, Broadstairs
There are a number of ‘budget’ style hotels locally including the Travelodge Hotels at Westwood Cross and Ramsgate Harbour; Premier Inns at Margate and Minster, Ramsgate; and Holiday Inn Express, Minster, Ramsgate.
To find out about accommodation visit our Tourism website which also has details about events that happen locally.
Office space to rent:
- Marlowe Innovation Centre – Ramsgate
- Kent Innovation Centre, – Broadstairs
- St Augustine’s Business Centre – Westgate-on-Sea
Local commercial estate agents:
- Pearson Gore – 44/46 Queen Street, Ramsgate – 01843 851000
- Clarke & Crittenden – 105 Station Road, Birchington – 01843 841123
For information about tide times, events at our marina or information about Ramsgate Royal Harbour visit our Ramsgate Marina website.