Guidance via Creative England from the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport that Covid Secure filming is able to continue during Lockdown 2.0.
Unless we are advised differently, we will continue to facilitate filming in Thanet during lockdown.
Guidance from DCMS:
‘The changes mean people should work from home where possible. But where this is not possible, travel to a place of work will be permitted – e.g. this includes (but not exhaustive) elite sport played behind closed doors, film & tv production, telecoms workers’
We require production to strictly enforce the following:
- Productions will supply when applying to film a COVID Risk Assessment which will reference filming in an outside location within Thanet. NB: A certificate that someone on the team has been trained on COVID regulations is not sufficient as a RA.
- We require that all residents affected (in close proximity to parking/locations/tech bases) are letter dropped explaining that you are working under COVID Safe national guidelines mentioning whichever ones you are working under.
- Please make sure all vehicles are clearly marked with FILM UNIT signs
- Any location in the public sphere needs to be ‘bubbled’ via marshals in high viz, signage or barriers, whichever is appropriate to ensure the public is reassured as well as warned to pass around your working areas.
This is to reassure the public as well as avoid unnecessary calls to councils and police reporting ‘illegal’ activity during lockdown which would overwhelm both police and councils and mean we are dealing with public concerns and questions rather than facilitating filming.
Please remember to:
- Wash hands – keep washing your hands regularly
- Cover face – wear a face covering in enclosed spaces
- Make space – stay at least 2 metres apart – or 1 metre with a face covering or other precautions
Thanks for supporting us in this so we can stay open for business!