Submit a Building Control Application
You can now submit your building control application using our online form.
Alternatively, if you wish to download a paper copy of the form you can do so by using the links below.
Please download the relevant application form below and email it to email@example.com together with drawings and details in pdf format. Alternatively, you can print the forms and post them to Building Control, Thanet District Council, PO Box 9, Cecil Street, Margate CT9 1XZ.
These forms are available to download in PDF format
|Download form||Form description|
|Application Form Guidance Notes||Guidance for completing Building Control forms.|
|Full Plans Application||Suitable for all work types where construction drawings are available.|
|Building Notice Form||Only suitable for small domestic works and may require the submission of construction details.|
|Regularisation Form||For use where the work has already started or is complete, to apply for retrospective consent.|
|Domestic Window Door Replacement||A simple type of Building Notice for these works.|
|Domestic Electrical Works||A simple type of Building Notice for these works.
|Demolition Notice||To give the required notice of demolition under the Building Act 1984.|
|Reversion Notice||For use when an application is reverted from an Authorised Inspector to Local Authority Building Control. A Form 7 is also be required if the applicant or agent instigates the reversion/cancellation.|
|Form 7||For use if the applicant or agent instigates a reversion/cancellation of an Initial Notice. This form should be submitted to the Local Authority with a completed Reversion Notice.|
|Pre-Application Advice Request Form||Use for requesting pre-application advice|
Our fees are highly competitive as we are a not-for-profit business and only charge for the time our surveyors spend on your project.
For ease, we have a standard fee table covering minor domestic works. For all other projects please contact us; preferably with a planning reference, drawing, or sketches and we will be happy to provide an individual fee assessment.
Make a payment
Payment can be made using the following methods.
- Invoice payment – Your Building Control Application invoice is usually sent within 7 days of registering your application/notice. On the reverse are instructions on how to pay your invoice. Methods include: cheque, BACS, telephone payment.
- Pay by cheque – please make cheques payable to Thanet District Council
- BACS – Bank Transfer. If you would like to use this method please contact the office on 01843 577522 before submitting your application.
These standard fees have been set on the basis that:
- The building work does not consist of, or include, innovative or high-risk construction techniques, and/or the duration of the building work from commencement to completion does not exceed 12 months.
- The design and building work is undertaken by a person or company that is competent to carry out the relevant design and building work referred to in the standard fee tables.
If the above criteria are not met, the work may incur a supplementary fee.
VAT at the rate of 20% is included except within the Regularisation fees.
|Work Description||Building Notice or Full Plans Fee||Regularisation Fee|
|Excl VAT||Incl VAT||No VAT payable|
|Single Storey Garage up to 60m² floor area||£225.00||£270.00||£337.50|
|Conversion of Garage into a Habitable Room, floor area up to 30m²||£290.00||£348.00||£435.01|
|Recovering of roofs or cladding of external walls||£190.00||£228.00||£284.99|
|Electrical installation within
a single dwelling
|Replacement of up to 12 windows||£125.00||£150.00||£187.51|
|Alterations with build cost up to £2k||£150.00||£180.00||£225.00|
|Alterations with build cost between £2k and £5k||£210.00||£252.00||£315.00|