Coastal Wellbeing Projects:
See below a plan of how all of the Coastal Wellbeing projects sit alongside each other.
Our vision is to create a regionally significant skatepark for Margate, something for the people of Margate to be proud of and give a safe community space to young people. The park has been specifically designed to cater for absolute beginners up to world class pros and everyone in between.
The skatepark will act as a community hub bringing users of the park together as well as becoming a space where their friends and family can spend time too. There will be coaching on offer to help people improve their skills. It will also host events, workshops and other activities.
This exciting skatepark will:
- Give local young people something to do which is free.
- Improve the mental and physical health of young people through socialising and activity. Giving people focus, purpose and a sense of achievement.
- Improve attainment in education and employment.
- Give local people a regionally significant community asset for the town to be proud of. Nurture world class skateboarders to further inspire the next generation.
- Increase tourism – a destination skatepark will attract visitors to the town all year round.
- Improve an underused space and bring it back to life. Bring more money into the local economy from outside the area.
- Increase job opportunities for local people.
- Following the approval of the Business Case in November 2022, the team are further developing the design of the skatepark, and preparing a Pre Planning application.