Information on the regeneration of Thanet
Have Your Say
The Town Investment Plan will set out a vision for the future of Margate and how the funding will be used to support change.
We want the community to play a role in shaping this plan and the Government guidance emphasises the importance of getting local people involved. The more people we hear from while developing the Investment Plan, the better.
COVID-19 has impacted how we can talk to local people but we will be working hard to give you a chance to get involved and provide both online and socially distanced face to face opportunities. This website is where you can find out about how you can have your say.
- Complete an online questionnaire by Sunday 20 September. We have different versions so please select from the relevant link below.
If you need a hard copy, please email or call Sarah on 07951 384263 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend a community drop-in event:
- From 10am to 5pm on Saturday 12 and Sunday 13 September at the Dreamland Ballroom, Margate, CT9 1XJ
- From 3pm to 7pm on Monday 14 September in the Hall of the Cliftonville Community Centre, Cliftonville, CT9 2DB
Please be aware that this will be a socially distanced event so you may need to queue. Please wear protective masks and bring hand sanitiser.
- Join the conversation online – take part in a digital coffee morning, please click here to book a slot.
To complement the work with the community, there will be a programme of stakeholder engagement with community groups, local businesses and the third sector taking place during September. This will include socially distanced workshop sessions, digital engagement and online surgery sessions.
Margate Town Deal People’s Panel
This project will last five years and we’ll be talking to the community throughout the life of the Deal. One of the ways we’ll be doing this is by creating a Margate Town Deal People’s Panel. The group will be selected to reflect the local population and will come together on a regular basis to deliberate issues affecting the town, make recommendations and support the Town Board.
Members of the panel must meet all of the following criteria:
- Over 18 years of age
- Margate resident
- Not a member of decision making / strategic team at Thanet District Council or Kent County Council
- Not a political representative e.g. an MP, Councillor, Mayor or Charter Trustee
- Not a senior official at a community group of organisation or a Town Deal stakeholder
It is really important that the Panel is resentative of the community, so you will be asked to complete an Application Form that asks for details such as your gender, age and ethnicity. Within the demographic criteria, the membership of the panel will be selected at random.
To be on the Margate Town Deal People’s Panel Apply Here – The application form must be completed by 20 September and their first digital meeting will take place on Monday 5 October.Permalink
Find out more about the 5 year protect and improve Ramsgate's heritage for the future.
The Economic Growth Strategy sets out a Vision that Thanet should be a great place to live, work and invest.