Street collections regulations
Companies that are requesting street collections and mobile displays require permission to work on the highway and will be charged a fee for the permit.
- You must have a permit to make a charitable collection, promote a service or collect data from persons in any street or public place within Thanet District.
- Applications for permits must be made no later than 7 days before the proposed collection date.
- The collection must only be made during the day and hours stated on the request.
- We may, in granting permission, limit the collection to certain streets or public places.
- No person may assist or take in any collection without the written authority of a promoter. This must be available for inspection by Police or Thanet District Council Officer.
- No collection shall be made in a manner likely to inconvenience or annoy any person.
- While collecting:
- a collector shall remain stationary
- a collector or two collectors together must not within 25 metres of another collector
What do we need you to do?
If you wish to work or promote on the highway then please contact the Civil Enforcement Department on firstname.lastname@example.org.
An application will be sent to you to complete. This needs to be at least 7 days in advance of the booking being agreed.
The application will require proof of £5million Public Liability Insurance.
Payment will need to be agreed and purchase order supplied.
How much does it cost?
- Weekly Collections – £150
- Additional weeks – £75
- Daily collection – £30
Please note these charges are per location.