Street collections regulations
You can use the online form to request a permit for a Street Collection.
Please ensure you have read the guidance below before beginning the form.
If you would like to collect money for charity, promote a service or collect data within the Thanet District you will require a permit.
Before applying for a permit please take the following into consideration:
- Applications for permits must be made no later than 7 days before the proposed collection date.
- The application will require proof of £5million Public Liability Insurance.
- Payment will need to be agreed and a purchase order number supplied.
- The collection must only be made during the day and hours stated on the application.
- We may, in granting permission, limit the collection to certain streets or public places.
- No person may assist or take in any collection without the written authority of a promoter. This must be available for inspection by the Police or a Thanet District Council Officer.
- No collection shall be made in a manner likely to inconvenience or annoy any person.
- While collecting:
- a collector shall remain stationary
- a collector or two collectors together must not be within 25 metres of another collector