We will always try to help you at your first point of contact with us, either by phone or in person. However, if we are unable to do so, we will take your details and get the right person to contact you as soon as possible.
We have set up a range of customer service standards, which we aim to deliver to you:
- We will answer your telephone call within four rings stating our name and the service area we work for
- Our voice mail messages will be responded to within 24 hours of returning to the office
- For complicated enquiries we can book you an appointment to see a specialist officer to discuss your needs in person
- Your letters and emails will be acknowledged within three working days and responded to fully within 10 working days (some individual service areas may have different legislative requirements)
- We will respond to Freedom of Information (FOI) requests within 20 working days