Report a repair

        For general household or communal repairs contact Mears:


        For gas, hot water or central heating repairs contact Gas Call Services:


        Your responsibilities

        Your responsibilities for General Repairs and Maintenance including:

        • All decorations inside your home including repairing surface cracks and holes in walls and ceilings
        • Making sure your double glazed windows and doors are regularly maintained, cleaned and oiled to keep them working properly
        • Replacement of broken glazing (we will only repair/replace one pane per tenancy per year if the breakage was as a result of accidental damage)
        • Minor repairs to internal doors and frames including adjusting doors to close over carpets
        • Repairing or replacing locks, latches, keys, handles, bolts and letter boxes, numbers, peep holes, security chains, knockers and bells
        • Repairing and adjusting kitchen units, cupboards, drawers, doors, shelves and worktops
        • Replacing broken tiles anywhere in your home
        • Repairing and maintaining meter boxes
        • Pest control to keep your home free of rats, mice, fleas,

        Your responsibilities for Plumbing and drainage including:

        • Clearing blockages in sinks, baths and wastepipes
        • Replacing washers on dripping taps and broken toilet seats
        • Replacing the chain and plugs on sinks, baths and basins
        • Replacing the grids over drains
        • Clearing any blockages in external gullies (except in shared areas to flats)
        • Clearing blocked toilets if you live in a house or bungalow

        Your responsibilities for Electrics including:

        • Changing plugs on electrical appliances
        • Replacing fuses and resetting trip switches
        • Replacing light bulbs and fluorescent tube and starters
        • Testing and cleaning your smoke alarm and replacing the batteries

        Remember:  If you require any other electrical work, this must be done by a qualified electrical contractor who is approved by us.

        Your responsibilities for Private Gardens including:

        • Repairing footpaths, yards and patios that are not the main access to front or back doors
        • Cleaning the frames of your double glazed doors and windows
        • Repairing or replacing gates and fencing – but we will repair fences that border a public footpath
        • Replacing clothes posts, pulleys and washing lines (except in designated shared drying areas)
        • Keeping air bricks clear and clean
        • Keeping your garden tidy by cutting the grass and trimming any hedges

        Please remember:

        • You are responsible for repairing or replacing damage your have caused to your home caused by neglect or misuse – even if the damage was accidental.
        • If you want to carry out improvements to your home please contact us to get permission.  This may include laying a patio in the garden, to putting into a new kitchen or knocking down a wall. For smaller DIY jobs like painting or decorating, putting up shelves – permission isn’t required.

        Did you find this page useful?