For general household or communal repairs contact Mears
- Text “thanetrepairs” then your message, to 63277.
- Email Mears firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Call FREEPHONE 0800 0234 320.
For gas, hot water or central heating repairs contact Gas Call Services
- Call FREEPHONE 0800 012 9958.
- Email TDCcustomerservices@gascall.co.uk .
- If you smell gas please call the National Gas Emergency number FREEPHONE 0800 111 999.
Your responsibilities for general repairs and maintenance include:
- Decorating inside your home. This includes, repairing any surface cracks or holes in walls and ceilings.
- Making sure UPVC windows and doors are regularly cleaned and oiled.
- Replacing broken window panes.
- Minor repairs to internal doors and frames.
- Repairing or replacing any door furniture.
- Adjusting or repairing kitchen units, drawers, doors, shelves and worktops.
- Repair and maintenance of meter boxes.
- Pest control to keep your home free of rats, mice, fleas, and bed bugs.
Your responsibilities for plumbing and drainage include:
- Clearing blockages in toilets (in a house or bungalow) sinks, baths and wastepipes.
- Replacing tap washers, sink plugs and chains, baths, basins, and toilet seats.
- Clearing blockages in external gullies. Except in shared areas to flats.
- Replacing the grids over drains.
Your responsibilities for electrics include:
- Any electrical work must be done by a qualified electrical contractor, approved by us. To check if your contractor is approved, please email email@example.com or call 01843 577252
Your responsibilities for private gardens include:
- Repairing footpaths, yards and patios. If they are not the main access to front or back doors.
- Cleaning the frames and glass of your doors and windows.
- Repairing or replacing gates and fencing. But we will repair fences that border a public footpath.
- Replacing clothes posts, pulleys and washing lines. Except in shared drying areas.
- Keeping air bricks clear and clean.
- Keeping your garden tidy, by cutting the grass and hedges.
- You are responsible for repairing or replacing damage you have caused to your home by neglect or misuse. Even if the damage was accidental.
- You are responsible for the reasonable management of condensation in your home. Doing this will help to avoid build up of mould.
- If you want to carry out improvements to your home you will need our permission. You might want to lay a patio in the garden or install a new kitchen, for instance. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01843 577252 for authorisation.
- For small DIY jobs like decorating or putting up shelves you don’t need our permission.