For general household or communal repairs contact Mears
- Text “thanetrepairs” then your message, to 63277
- Email Mears: email@example.com
- Call FREEPHONE 0800 0234 320
For gas, hot water or central heating repairs contact Gas Call Services
- Call FREEPHONE 0800 012 9958
- Email TDCcustomerservices@gascall.co.uk
- If you smell gas please call the National Gas Emergency number on FREEPHONE 0800 111 999.
Your responsibilities for General Repairs and Maintenance including
- All decorations inside your home including repairing surface cracks and holes in walls and ceilings
- Making sure your double glazed windows and doors are regularly maintained, cleaned and oiled to keep them working properly
- Replacement of broken glazing (we will only repair/replace one pane per tenancy per year if the breakage was as a result of accidental damage)
- Minor repairs to internal doors and frames including adjusting doors to close over carpets
- Repairing or replacing locks, latches, keys, handles, bolts and letter boxes, numbers, peep holes, security chains, knockers and bells
- Repairing and adjusting kitchen units, cupboards, drawers, doors, shelves and worktops
- Replacing broken tiles anywhere in your home
- Repairing and maintaining meter boxes
- Pest control to keep your home free of rats, mice, fleas,
Your responsibilities for Plumbing and drainage including
- Clearing blockages in sinks, baths and wastepipes
- Replacing washers on dripping taps and broken toilet seats
- Replacing the chain and plugs on sinks, baths and basins
- Replacing the grids over drains
- Clearing any blockages in external gullies (except in shared areas to flats)
- Clearing blocked toilets if you live in a house or bungalow
Your responsibilities for Electrics including
- Changing plugs on electrical appliances
- Replacing fuses and resetting trip switches
- Replacing light bulbs and fluorescent tube and starters
- Testing and cleaning your smoke alarm and replacing the batteries
Remember: If you require any other electrical work, this must be done by a qualified electrical contractor who is approved by us.
Your responsibilities for Private Gardens including
- Repairing footpaths, yards and patios that are not the main access to front or back doors
- Cleaning the frames of your double glazed doors and windows
- Repairing or replacing gates and fencing – but we will repair fences that border a public footpath
- Replacing clothes posts, pulleys and washing lines (except in designated shared drying areas)
- Keeping air bricks clear and clean
- Keeping your garden tidy by cutting the grass and trimming any hedges
- You are responsible for repairing or replacing damage your have caused to your home caused by neglect or misuse – even if the damage was accidental.
- If you want to carry out improvements to your home please contact us to get permission. This may include laying a patio in the garden, to putting into a new kitchen or knocking down a wall.
- For small DIY jobs like painting or decorating, putting up shelves – permission isn’t required.