Pay your rent or apply for a refund

  Pay your rent online

Have your 10-digit rent account number or your 13-digit tenancy number ready.

Your tenancy number can be found on the bottom right of your payment card.

If you lose or damage your payment card, please request a replacement by email to myhome@thanet.gov.uk.

Pay by Direct Debit  – 01843 577 262

Set up a regular payment for your rent or for your garage licence. You can choose to pay weekly, fortnightly, four weekly or on any day of the month.

Pay over the phone  – 01843 577 259

This is an automated phone service for credit or debit card payments. You will need your 10-digit rent account number or your 13-digit tenancy number ready.

Pay at a Post Office or a PayPoint registered local shop

Your home is at risk if you do not keep up with your rent payments

Your rent payment is due each Monday. If you don’t pay your rent on time your account will be in arrears and we will take action to recover the arrears. If you find yourself in this position call us as soon as possible – 01843 577262.

Apply for a overpayment refund

If your account is in credit (because you have overpaid your rent) you can request a refund by completing a rent refund form.

All credits will be checked before they can be refunded. Refunds are issued by cheque.

If you receive Housing Benefit this will delay the refund, while we check for any further adjustments. It can take up to 28 days to be processed from receipt of the form.

If you owe any other money to the council (for example Council Tax), it will be deducted from the refund.


Help & support

Did you find this page useful?

  • This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.