Introduction to Thanet Heritage Strategy
The Council have appointed Drury McPherson Partnership to prepare a Heritage Strategy for Thanet District Council, forming evidence to support the emerging Local Plan.
The Heritage Strategy will provide a strategic and clear approach to managing Thanet’s rich heritage. The Strategy will also promote Thanet’s heritage and demonstrate how its special character can contribute to the regeneration of the District, supporting economic growth and tourism whilst enhancing public awareness of the historic environment and facilitating public engagement.
Formal consultation on the Heritage Strategy is expected to occur in September 2017.
The Draft Cliftonville character appraisal documents are currently being considered as part of this work, although this will not necessarily result in the designation of new conservation areas.
Draft Character appraisal and management plans for Cliftonville.
- Draft Edgar Road and Sweyne Road Character Appraisal
- Draft Grotto Hill Character Appraisal
- Draft Northdown Road Character Appraisal Part 1
- Draft Northdown Road Character Appraisal Part 2
- Draft Cliftonville Clifftop Character Appraisal
- Draft Ethelbert Road and Athelstan Road Character Appraisal
- Draft Norfolk Road and Surrey Road Character Appraisal
- Cliftonville Suggested C Areas II