Garden waste suspension - due to the national HGV driver shortage we are suspending garden waste collections for 2 weeks from Monday 1 August 2022.
Missed bins – view your collection status
Was your bin was presented at the front boundary of your property of agreed collection point by 06:00? Are you trying to report before 17:30 the working day after your collection?
If yes to the above sign into the waste portal to report your missed collection. Please note that mixed recycling recalls will not be recycled. If you wish to recycle please keep your bin until your next collection date.
Frequently asked questions
If you create an account on the portal you will be able to see more accurate information about your collections. The portal is linked directly to our back office system meaning that if you report a missed collection this will be picked up immediately within our system. You will no longer have to complete a long form to report and can just click a button on the day of the missed collection.Permalink
You can create an account using your email address and secure password, or you can use your google or facebook account. Once you have signed up you can register your premises by looking up your address and adding the property. You can add up to 3 properties so you can also access collection information for example elderly relatives or tenants.Permalink
There are several reasons why a collection may not be able to be reported. The portal has live information from our vehicles and they will update the status of collections. The portal will show the current status of your collections. For example:
- Status: Bin not presented – this means that your bins were not presented at the boundary of your property by 6am on the day of your collection so when the crew came to collect the bin was not there. You will be unable to report this as a missed collection and we will not return to collect until your next collection day.
- Status: Non permitted items – this means that your bin contained items that are not permitted for that collection type. For example scrap metal in your recycling bin. You will be unable to report this as a missed collection and we will not return to collect until your next collection day and until the non permitted item is removed.
- Status: Collection not started – this means that we have not been to your property yet to collect your waste. This could be for various operational or access reasons. You will be unable to report this as a missed collection as we are already aware that this collection has not started and we will be back when we are able to do so.
If your bin has not been emptied and you are not eligible for a recall you should:
- take your waste back into your property boundary and keep until next collection
- take your waste to the Household Waste recycling centre
- arrange bulky waste collection, £26 for up to 15 sacks; schedule online
- take your waste recycling bring sites x 15 across the district for glass, paper and cardboard;
- remove any non-permitted items and present bin on next scheduled collection