Business opportunities for beach concessions
We are now inviting business owners to register their interest in taking up a beach concession for the 2022 summer season and beyond. We will consider business plans for a range of ideas to include, but not limited to beachfront venues, watersports hire and retail outlets.
In your offer, the Estates team will be looking for:
- A workable business plan, a clear product offer and sound financial planning
- Consistent product quality, range of products and trading hours
- Environmentally considerate and sustainable business practice
- An attractive retail unit (with financial allowance to invest in a fixed unit if required)
- A full trading history
If your offer is accepted, you will need to provide the following documents:
- Risk assessments specific to your business/location
- Valid public liability insurance and employer’s liability insurance to the value of at least £5m
- Equipment safety certificates for seafront or water-based concessions
- Environmental food safety and hygiene certificates for food and drink concessions
To register your expression of interest, email firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline of Friday 6 May. There is no guarantee that a business proposal will be regarded as acceptable or be acceptable in a particular location.
Cabinet approved plans to introduce a Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) on Athelstan and Ethelbert Roads at a meeting that took place yesterday (Thursday 26 January). The PSPO will come into effect on Friday 27 January 2023, for a period of three years. It aims to reduce the amount of litter and rubbish on these […]
Thanet District Council is delighted that the redevelopment of Foy House on Margate High Street is now complete.
Cabinet will discuss plans to introduce a Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) on Athelstan and Ethelbert Roads at a meeting on Thursday 26 January. The aim of the PSPO is to reduce the amount of litter and rubbish on these streets, as well as address other anti-social behaviour (ASB) including noise nuisance. This forms part […]