Address: Fort Crescent, Margate Kent CT9 1HN
- Bus Route – Thanet Loop
- Margate Train Station 18 minutes walk
Two coastal grassed areas separated by the Winter Gardens complex. The Promenade runs alongside the two area. This site is very close to the town and overlooks Margate Harbour. There are residential properties that surround the site.
Site Area: 5,949.7m²
Size of Events
Types of Event
- Active Recreation Sessions
- Electricity: Available from Winter Gardens
- Water Supply: Available from winter Gardens
- Public Toilets: None
- Parking: Street parking around Fort Crescent, Pay & Display Public Car Park at Trinity Square & Parking at the back of Winter Gardens accessed from Fort Crescent onto Fort Lower promenade
- Access Point 1: Vehicle access on the corner of Fort Crescent and Fort Paragon. Drop kerb leading into grass area, opposite the Casino with two bollards.
- Access Point 2: Vehicle Access via drop kerb off Fort Crescent , opposite Trinity Square with pull down bollard (Key available from parks)
Event History: Family Fun Fair
If it is a wet season, an event organiser maybe given two weeks’ notice from TDC that they will not be able to use the site. Therefore event organisers will need to have a contingency plan for relocating their event in the circumstance of adverse conditions. If grass areas are damaged, the reinstatement cost for the grassed area would need to be reimbursed by the Event Organiser. Residential properties surround the site. Leaflet drop is required by Event Organiser to residents. The location can be a wind trap. Generators must be placed away from residential properties and situated on the promenade side out to sea.