Address: Minnis Bay Green, The Parade, Minnis Bay, Birchington CT7 9LX
- Bus Route 33 and 34 – stops on Canute Road which is a 5-10 minute walk
- Nearest train station is Birchington which is a 20-30 minute walk
This is a green open space. The site is coastal and looks out sea and is located near a car park. This site is regularly used as a starting point for long distance running events.
Site Area: 6,096.2m²
Size of Events
Type of Events
- Active Recreation Sessions
- No Fun Fairs
- Electricity: No
- Water: No
- Parking: Free parking bays along the Parade. Minnis Bay Public Pay & Display Car Park next to the Green
- Toilets: Located in Minnis Bay Car Park for opening times see here.
- Drop Kerb by barrier with pathway running through the green
Kent Fitness League and Dambuster Challenge
If it is a wet season, an event organiser maybe given two weeks’ notice from TDC that they will not be able to use the site. Therefore event organisers will need to have a contingency plan for relocating their event in the circumstance of adverse conditions. If grass areas are damaged, the reinstatement cost for the grassed area would need to be reimbursed by the Event Organiser. The two greens are separated by Arthur road, however these are often both used by an event. Consideration of the highway must be taken and included in safety planning.