Eat Well Spend Less Roadshows Coming To Thanet in August 2022
Districts across East Kent are working together to host a series of roadshows during July and August. The roadshows will focus on providing targeted help and advice for local families who may need extra support as a result of rising food prices.
The events will bring together a range of partner organisations including frontline NHS staff and council officers, outreach organisations and charities, in one easy-to-access place. Families will be able to access a range of services including:
- Guidance from Our Kitchen on shopping, preparing and cooking healthy, nutritious meals
- Benefits advice
- Information on where and how to access local food banks
- Advice on what support is available locally by Connect Well East Kent
- Health MOT’s from NHS One You Lifestyle Advisors
- Covid Vaccination information and support
The roadshows are free to attend and families are invited to drop in to the events that are taking place across Thanet:
- Ramsgate – High Street, Junction with Queens Street and Kings Street
Monday 22 August, 10am – 2pm
- Margate – Outside 51 High Street
Tuesday 23 August, 10am – 2pm
- Broadstairs – Victoria Gardens / Promenade
Wednesday 24 August, 2pm – 4pm
- Westgate – Ethelbert Square
Thursday 25 August, 10 – 12pm
- Birchington – Dog Acre
Thursday 25 August, 2 – 4pm
The roadshows are funded by the government’s COMF grant funding. Events are also taking place at locations in Canterbury, Folkestone & Hythe, Dover and Ashford.
Information on your local food banks and where to gain support shall be updated here in due course. Please keep an eye out for this.Permalink
Please make use of the various government websites to keep updated on further advice and guidance:
- Gov.UK Covid-19 Updates
- NHS Covid-19 guidance
- NHS 111
- Public Health England
- NHS Every Mind Matters website in support of good mental health
Good mental health and wellbeing is essential for everybody and there are many sources of help to ensure anyone needing help can be supported.
The attached guide provides a range of service including mental wellbeing services such as Release the pressure.
If you’re feeling the pressure, don’t suffer in silence. Call 0800 107 0160. Text the word “Kent” to 85258 or visit releasethepressure.uk. Support is free, confidential and available 24hrs a day. It’s provided by independent charities and funded by Kent County Council, Medway Council and NHS partners.
Additional support services available are :Permalink