Local Land charges plays an important part in the conveyancing process. It provides vital information for house purchasers such as:
- Road Adoption
- Restrictions of use of the land
Searches are received within the Land Charges Department from solicitors, conveyancers and estate agents on behalf of house sellers and purchasers.
The Local Land Charges Department carries out all official searches covered by the Local Land Charges Act 1975, guaranteeing complete and comprehensive replies by the Council to the Official Certificate of Search (LLC1) and CON29 enquiries.
- Full searches are usually carried out within 10 working days.
- Personal search requests need to be booked at least 24 hours in advance, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, subject to availability.
- As of 1st April 2023 there will be an additional fee of £200 for all Commercial Searches.
Individual CON29 search requests should include the appropriate payment and will usually be dealt with within 5 working days but subject to the constraints of other Agencies.
All Searches should be submitted on the correct forms with a clear site plan.
- Download the LLC1 Con 29 form
- Download the CON29O Optional enquiries of local authorities (2016) form
Fees from 1st April 2023 to 31st March 2024
Commercial Fees – £200
|Full Standard Search||£174.60 incl. VAT|
|CON29R||£129.60 incl. VAT|
|CON29 Optional Questions||£12 each incl. VAT
Q22 £16.80 incl. VAT
|NB: There is a £26.40 administration fee (which includes VAT) for optional questions submitted without a standard search.|
|Extra parcels||£25.20 incl. VAT|
|Individual required questions on CON29R||Please see CON29R enquiries Form A for pricing incl. VAT||NB: There is a £26.40 administration fee (which includes VAT).|
|Copy fee||£6 incl. VAT per search||NB: This fee will apply if a copy of any results is requested after the dispatch date|
- Download Form A, CON29 enquires form (PDF 33kb), complete, and send to us with the appropriate fee.
- Monday – Friday (excluding bank holidays) 9am-5pm
Please contact Land Charges for any further information at email@example.com
Local land charges from 1st April 2022
including CON29R fees per question-2008 Regulations). Our fees must be set in accordance with new Government legislation see extract below.
“Transparency in relation to setting of charges
1.—(1) During each financial year, a local authority must publish a statement setting out
(a) the estimates the local authority has made under regulation 6(2) (estimates of total costs and estimates of numbers of requests) in respect of the unit charge for the following financial year;
(b) the basis for those estimates; and the amount of the unit charge it proposes for the following financial year.”
The information that Thanet District Council is required to publish is available below:Permalink