- you must not socialise in groups larger than 6, indoors or outdoors (other than where a legal exemption applies)
- businesses and venues can continue to operate, in a COVID-secure manner, other than those that remain closed in law
- certain businesses are required to ensure customers only consume food and drink while seated, and must close between 10pm and 5am
- businesses and venues selling food for consumption off the premises can continue to do so after 10pm as long as this is through delivery service, click-and-collect or drive-through
- schools and universities remain open
- places of worship remain open, subject to the rule of 6
- weddings and funerals can go ahead with restrictions on numbers of attendees
- exercise classes and organised sport can continue to take place outdoors, or indoors if the rule of 6 is followed
- You must:
You should continue to:
- follow social distancing rules
- work from home where you can effectively do so
- when travelling, plan ahead or avoid busy times and routes. Walk or cycle if you can.
Find out what restrictions are in place if you live in an area where the local COVID alert level is medium on gov.uk.
Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms. Read more about what you can and cannot do on gov.uk
Reporting social distancing breaches
If you are aware of a public house, restaurant, or cafe that is trading, or a workplace where people do not appear to be observing the new social distancing guidelines, you can report by phoning 101 or by emailing email@example.com.
If the breach you have observed is on a building site then you must report it to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) using this form.
How to keep up with the latest news
This is a fast moving situation and the latest information is changing frequently. For updates on any changes to the services we provide please follow us on Facebook or Twitter or check this website.
For national updates you can sign up to the Gov.uk email alerts.
We will also send emails to people who have signed up to receive the residents’ e-newsletter. Sign up here