We use cookies on your computer or mobile device to help make this website better. You can find out what Cookies we use and how you can change your settings here. Our Data Protection Policy has been updated.

By closing this window, we’ll assume you’re okay to continue.


        Having difficulty paying your Council Tax?

        If you’re on a low income or are entitled to a benefit paid by the Department for Work and Pensions or the Pension Service, you may be entitled to Council Tax Support.

        You can also check if you could get a discount or exemption on your Council Tax.

        If you owe Council Tax

        If you owe Council Tax, you can make a payment plan to clear the amount you owe. However, if we agree a payment plan with you and you don’t keep to it, we will take further action to recover the amount you owe.

        If you haven’t spoken to us about a problem paying your bill and you miss an instalment, we will ask you for payment. Please see the arrears and debt recovery pages for information about what happens if Council Tax isn’t paid on time.

        If you’re getting or have applied for Council Tax Support and are still experiencing extreme financial hardship, we may be able to award short-term extra help.

        Did you find this page useful?