- If you think that you are entitled to rate relief.
- If you think that you are no longer entitled to a rate relief.
- If the Valuation Officer changes your rateable value.
- If your property changes from empty to occupied.
- If your property changes from occupied to empty.
- If you are getting an allowance for partial occupation and the part of the property that is occupied either decreases or increases in size.
- If you get small business rate relief and you take up occupation of a property you did not occupy at the time of making your application for relief.
- If you get small business rate relief and there is an increase in the rateable value of a property you occupy outside the Thanet District Council area.
- If your property is exempt from business rates and the reason for the exemption no longer exists.
If you have a change that may affect your business rates, you must tell us straight away in writing, giving full details of the changes.
Not every change you need to tell us about is shown above. If you are not sure whether to tell us about a change, tell us anyway.
In some cases, if you don’t tell us about a change we may take legal action against you. Permalink