The Dogs (Fouling of Land) Act 1996
The Isle of Thanet dogs (Fouling of Land ) order 1997
The Thanet District Council (in this Order called “the Council) made the following Order
1. The land described in the Schedule below being land in the area of the Council which is land to which the Dogs (Fouling of Land) Act 1996 applies, is hereby designated for the purposes of that Act.
2. This Order may be cited as The Isle of Thanet Dogs (Fouling of Land) Order 1997 and came into force on 12th May 1997.
Land designated by description
1. All carriageways with a speed limit of 40 mph or less, including adjoining footways (pavements), footpaths, road gutters, cycle paths or lanes, and verges, both grass and ornamental.
2. All parks, gardens, recreation and sports grounds open to the public.
3. All amenity areas, whether planted, grassed, paved, concrete etc in and around all towns and villages including all housing estates.
4. All public amenity land on cliff tops or behind promenades or sea walls, on all coastal footpaths and grassed areas generally.
5. All promenades and sea defences, including steps, ramps, jetties, footpaths, walkways and paved or hard surfaced areas including bandstands or similar and their environs.
6. All beaches, both above and below high water, all year round.
7. All churchyards and consecrated ground.
8. All children’s play parks not subject to a dog ban.
9. All shopping precincts and pedestrianised areas.
10. All car parks and public vehicle parking areas whether maintained privately or by the Thanet District Council.
11. All land and paths associated with allotments.
12. All footpaths, bridleways and rights of way, except where they cross agricultural land.
13. All alleys, passageways and rights of way over which the public have right of access.
Land designated specifically
(I) Land known as Tivoli Woods, Hartsdown, Margate.
(ii) Land known as Neame Woods, Birchington.
(iii) Land known as Mocketts Wood, Hopeville Avenue, St Peters, Broadstairs
(iv) Minster Cemetery, Tothill Street, Minster.
The Isle of Thanet dogs (Fouling of Land ) order 1997 (Amendment) Order 1998
Land designated specifically
The following paragraphs were added –
(v) All playing fields and land owned and occupied by the Charles Dickens Grant Maintained School, Broadstairs and bounded by Broadstairs Road, Footpath No TB25, Royal Close and Fair Street, Broadstairs.
(vi) All playing fields and land owned and occupied by St Lawrence College, Ramsgate and bounded by Clements Road, Greenfield Road, Newlands Road, Woodford Avenue, St Luke’s Avenue, Holly Road and St Leonard’s Avenue, Ramsgate.
(vii) All playing fields and land owned and occupied by Ursuline College, Westgate-on-Sea and bounded by Canterbury Road, Linksfield Road, Warren Drive, Golden Close and Ursuline Drive, Westgate-on-Sea.
(viii) All playing fields and land owned and occupied by Newington Junior Grant Maintained School, Ramsgate and bounded by Manston Road, Princess Margaret Avenue and bridleway TR18, Ramsgate.
This Order may be cited as The Isle of Thanet Dogs (Fouling of Land) Order 1997 (Amendment) Order 1998 and came into force on 15th July 1998. Permalink