Thanet Community Safety Partnership
In 1998 it was identified by the then government that in order to effectively tackle crime and disorder agencies needed to work together to tackle identified issues collectively. Community Safety Partnership’s (CSP’s) formerly Crime and Disorder Reduction Partnerships (CDRP’s) were set up to be the conduit between different agencies and organisations both statutory and voluntary.
We produce an annual Community Safety Plan which sets out the themes for the partnership.
For 2021-22, Thanet Community Safety Partnership is proposing to centre our work around the following three themes:
- Reducing offending and re-offending
- Safeguarding our most vulnerable people
- Improving community confidence and agency collaboration
The themes will have particular areas of focus such as domestic abuse, anti-social behaviour, gangs & exploitation, violent crime, organised crime & counter terrorism which all cut across the themes. The partnership plan aims to be more flexible and responsive to emerging issues using a range of methods to analyse statistics, pick up on real time information and take feedback from residents.
Please browse the information below to find out about the work we do and how you can get involved and have your say in helping to make your community a safer place to live and work.
The partnership delivers Neighbourhood Engagement Meetings (NEM) to identify the issues around crime and anti-social behaviour that matter most to residents in our local communities.
The NEM meeting is attended by police sergeants and PCSOs for that area and district council representatives. Members of the community are free to pose questions or make observations about their area, even down to street level.
The district is divided into North, East, South and West geographical areas – with those living in more rural areas attending whichever location is closest and most relevant to them.
Future NEMs will be scheduled as follows:
|Monday 20 February||1pm – 2pm||Live on Facebook|
|Tuesday 23 May||6.30pm – 7.30pm||TBC|
|Tuesday 22 August||From 1pm||This is a drop-in session that is being held in the Upper High Street|
|Monday 20 November||1pm – 2pm||Live on Facebook|
|Wednesday 22 February||1pm – 2pm||Live on Facebook|
|Wednesday 24 May||6.30pm – 7.30pm||TBC|
|Wednesday 23 August||From 1pm||This is a drop-in session that is being held in the High Street outside Sainsburys|
|Wednesday 22 November||1pm – 2pm||Live on Facebook|
|Tuesday 21 February||1pm – 2pm||Live on Facebook|
|Wednesday 24 May||7pm – 8pm||Queens Road Baptist Church|
|Monday 21 August||From 1pm||This is a drop-in session that is being held opposite Piermont Park|
|Tuesday 21 November||1pm – 2pm||Live on Facebook|
|Tuesday 23 February||1pm – 2pm||Live on Facebook|
|Tuesday 25 May||7pm – 8pm||Ramsgate Fire Station|
|Thursday 24 August||From 1pm||This is a drop-in session that is being held outside Wetherspoons|
|Tuesday 23 November||1pm – 2pm||Live on Facebook|
During COVID-19 restrictions, we held virtual NEMs via Facebook Live. To access our virtual NEMs and recordings of previous physical NEMs, please go to our Facebook page @ThanetCommunitySafetyPartnership.Permalink
TCSP works with the below agencies as well as many others on a regular basis. For more information, or to contact an agency, use the links below or use the telephone numbers provided.
Our main statutory partners are:
- Thanet District Council 01843 577000
- Kent County Council 03000 414141
- Kent Police 101 In an emergency: 999
- Kent Fire and Rescue Service 01622 692121 In an emergency: 999
- Kent Probation Service Thanet Office: 03000 473218
- Probation Services – Kent Surrey and Sussex Community Rehabilitation Company or the National Probation Service
- Thanet Clinical Commissioning Group
We also work closely with:
- Global Generation Church 01843 226232
- HM Revenues and Customs 0800 59 5000 (to report smuggling of goods)
- Hyde Housing Association 0800 389 3576
- Kent Centre for Addiction (KCA) Thanet 01843 293844
- Kent Drug And Alcohol Action Team (KDAAT) 01622 221676
- National Domestic Violence Helpline 0808 2000 247
- Oasis Domestic Abuse Services
- Orbit South Housing Association Thanet Office: 0800 678 1221
- Porchlight 0800 5677699
- Serious and Organised Crime Agency (SOCA) 0370 496 7622
- Southern Housing Association 08456 120 021
- Town and Country Housing Association 0845 873 1321
- Turning Point drug and alcohol support service 01843 298355
- Victim Support Supportline: 0845 3030900
We are always interested in speaking to community groups delivering projects relevant to community safety and can potentially assist in financially contributing.
We also work with a large number of public and private sector partners as well as voluntary and community groups to collectively implement and deliver initiatives that will help all areas of Thanet become a safe place to live, work and visit.
If you are part of a community organisation and are inrterested in discussing how we can potentially support your project:
Contact Thanet District Council’s Community Safety Team email: Community.email@example.comPermalink