We use cookies on your computer or mobile device to help make this website better. You can find out what Cookies we use and how you can change your settings here. Our Data Protection Policy has been updated.

By closing this window, we’ll assume you’re okay to continue.

Are you a landlord or managing agent in Thanet? | Register now for our upcoming Landlord Event |


        Report an issue on the roads

        Abandoned vehicles and problems with roads

        Do it online

        Streetlights, potholes

        Information & guidance

        How to check if a vehicle is taxed

        Vehicles which are untaxed and unused can be reported to us. We will either serve an abandoned vehicle notice to the vehicle or write to the last known registered keeper to establish whether the vehicle is actually abandoned. If it is we will arrange to have it removed.

        Please check here whether the vehicle is taxed before reporting


        How do I dispose of an old vehicle?

        If you have an old car to dispose of or surrender, please don’t abandon it in the street. Why not use Kent County Council’s Vehicle Surrender Scheme?

        KCC Contact Centre phone: 03000 41 73 73


        Did you find this page useful?