Report an abandoned vehicle

Abandoned vehicles

Vehicles which are untaxed and unused can be reported to us. We will either serve an abandoned vehicle notice to the vehicle or write to the last known registered keeper to establish whether the vehicle is actually abandoned. If it is we will arrange to have it removed.

If the vehicle has no tax but is not abandoned, you need to contact the DVLA and they will investigate further.  Un-taxed vehicles can be reported to the DVLA here.


Disposing of your old vehicle

If you have an old car to dispose of or surrender, please don't abandon it in the street. Why not use Kent County Council's Vehicle Surrender Scheme?

KCC Contact Centre phone: 03000 41 73 73