Exempt or specified accommodation for benefit claims

Exempt or specified accommodation means a property in which the landlord is one of the below:

  • a housing association
  • a registered charity
  • a not-for-profit voluntary organisation
  • an English non-metropolitan county council
  • a local authority hostel or
  • a domestic violence refuge.

Under this category, you must also be receiving ‘more than minimal’ care, support or supervision, either directly from the landlord or from someone on their behalf.

Did you find this page useful?