Minster is the largest of the villages in Thanet. The village has a number of independent shops, cafés, restaurants and pubs. St Mary’s Church is one of the oldest churches in the area, with some parts tracing back to 1150. At the heart of the village is Minster Abbey, with a monastery on the site since 670 AD. The Abbey is home to the Benedictine Nuns of Minster Abbey.
The village has grown out from three main roads, the High Steet which leads into Tothill Street, and Monkton Road. Minster has its own railway station on the Ramsgate/Canterbury West and Kent Coast Line.
There are two small car parks in the village- one in Monkton Road, the other opposite the Village Hall on the High Street.
There is a toilet block in the car park opposite the Village Hall.
There are three pubs in Minster – The Bell Inn, The Saddler and The New Inn. There are a number of cafe’s and restaurants including The Corner House (which is available for location hire)