Monday 19 September has been designated a bank holiday to allow people to pay their respects and to commemorate the reign of Queen Elizabeth II.
This decision has been taken as a mark of respect and to allow council operatives the opportunity to take part in the final day of national mourning.
The following service changes have been put in place:
Waste and recycling collections will be suspended.
- Households who normally receive a weekly black waste collection on Mondays will have their waste collected on Saturday 17 September.
- All other affected households will have their waste collected on Saturday 24 September. Letters will be sent to households who receive a weekly collection.
A number of other services are affected:
- Street cleansing will be suspended for the Bank Holiday and will resume on Tuesday 20 September.
- All affected Clinical Waste customers will be contacted individually with more information and guidance.
- Garden Waste collections scheduled for Monday 19 September will take place on Saturday 24 September.
- The council offices at Cecil Street and Thanet Gateway Plus will be closed.
- An out of hours service will be in place and recorded telephone messages in place on all telephone lines.
- All public toilets will remain closed.
- The Book of Condolence will not be available on Monday 19 September, members of the public can visit www.royal.uk to sign the electronic version.